The safety of our patients and staff is paramount as we slowly resume minor periodontal elective care. Here is how Frederick Periodontal Associates is making our office as safe as possible to prevent virus spread:
- All staff and patients are screened every time they enter the office to minimize the chance they could be infected. This involves a detailed questionnaire and temperature check. For patients, there is also a telephonic questionnaire a few days before their appointment and a follow-up call several days later to ensure we identify any potential exposures.
- All staff and patients are required to wear a mask while in the office. Hand washing and sanitation is done on a frequent basis.
- All staff and patients are maintaining social distance when possible. Patients will complete paperwork online prior to appointments and come directly from their cars to treatment rooms to minimize contact.
- All areas in the office are regularly disinfected several times a day by our staff.
- When treating patients, the staff is wearing full PPF (personal protective equipment) that includes a N-95, KN-95 or level-3 mask, face shield, surgical gown, head cover, and gloves that are completely changed between patients.
- Treatment rooms are thoroughly disinfected with a virus-killing solution.
- We are using special high volume suctions in the oral cavity to contain the germs and virus and limit it escaping into the ambient air.
- All of our treatment rooms are self-contained with doors that close. For ambient air in the room, we are using sophisticated Swiss and American made air purification units that have hyper-HEPA and HEPA filters capable of filtering to the viral particle level. This effectively cleans the air continuously during treatment.
- We are incorporating a disinfectant hypochlorous acid (HOCI) solution with an ultra-low volume (ULV) fogger device to fog the entire office and eliminate any possible pathogens in impossible to reach areas.